Check out the FAQs
Still have unanswered questions and need to get in touch?
Excessive access rights underestimated security problems, many times being the root cause of incidents, thus everyone needs to be aware of how risky rights your employees have. Access control problems may also affect your license cost: you can reach cost savings on them by automating control.
TheFence can be connected to your other cloud applications. We show you in our easy-to-follow video how to set up the connection.
Your applications are mostly in the cloud, so the best way to ensure their access control by a cloud solution as well.
User access review refers to the process of evaluating and verifying the users and their access rights within an organization’s IT environment. This review ensures that employees or other authorized individuals have appropriate access to the resources they need to perform their job functions, while also preventing unauthorized access to sensitive data or systems.
During a user access review, administrators or data owners (mostly business line managers) examine the access rights assigned to each user account, checking to ensure that each account is only granted the minimum level of access necessary to perform its intended purpose. Any discrepancies or unauthorized access should be identified and corrected, which helps to maintain the security and integrity of the organization’s data and systems.
User access reviews are typically conducted on a periodic basis, such as annually or semi-annually, as part of an organization’s overall information security management program.
- Protecting Sensitive Data: User access reviews ensure that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive data and systems within the organization. By reviewing user access rights regularly, businesses can prevent unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security incidents that could result in significant financial and reputational harm.
- Compliance with Regulations: Many industries are subject to regulatory requirements that mandate regular user access reviews. For example, the healthcare industry is required to comply with HIPAA regulations that require regular audits of user access to electronic protected health information (ePHI). Conducting user access reviews helps businesses ensure compliance with these regulations.
- Identifying Security Threats: User access reviews can help businesses identify potential security threats, such as users with excessive or conflicting access rights.
- Enhancing Operational Efficiency: Conducting regular user access reviews can help businesses ensure that access rights are appropriate for each user’s job function. This can help to reduce the potential for errors or inefficiencies that could impact productivity and business operations.
- Protecting the Reputation of the Business: Businesses that experience data breaches or other security incidents can suffer significant reputational harm. Conducting regular user access reviews can help to prevent security incidents and protect the reputation of the business.